Originally Posted by 65BR
Jeff, the 130 AB has been my go to bullet in 6.5mm, as the 129 SP did long ago. I see it as the benchmark. Many might equal it, not sure if they better it at most typical ranges. Flattened a WT at 275 yds from a former K1-A Swede, and they have always been very accurate as well.

That said, I would expect the ELD to do very well, but it may not hold together on harder targets ie bone on closer shots. The Nosler AB will drill both shoulders and exit, and has for me as close as 100 yds in a 260, just like a 95 BT in a 243....that might give one an edge on certain shots. I'd bet the ELD works like an Amax, and the 140 has dumped deer well at LR, but I would stick to lung shots unless testing proved it tougher than my thinking.

The 130 Bergers have a stellar reputation on deer. Hard to pick a bad 6.5 bullet, esp. if you stay at 100 gr and above, in any non-FMJ bullet that will readily expand on game.

In 6.5mm bore rifles I have, mostly, shot deer with 100 grain Partitions, 120 grain BTs, 129 grain Hornadys, and 130 grain ABs. I shot some hogs with 140 grain Partitions, but decided that I liked the additional 400 fps of MV with the 100 grain Partition for shooting whitetails.

Last Fall I shot a couple of deer with Hornady's 129 grain American Whitetail 6.5 Creedmoor factory loads and was pleased with the results. Too bad Remington screwed up the 260 as badly as they did.

Back to my original question, what advantage does this new bullet have over the 130 grain AB?