[Linked Image]

Two lighters I use above. Both are piezo style, which I much prefer over butane flame. The low cost angled lighter is WAAAAY easier to start a fire with than the expensive Storm Proof orange one. The lid on the Storm proof monstrosity gets in the way of lighting tinder. The angled flame head on the cigar lighter is just right to light tinder and keep thumb and fingers from getting too hot if you keep the lighter going for several seconds.

I've got some Bics around but have had the striker mechanism come apart into tiny pieces in pocket or pack too may times to depend on any lighter of that type, including the angled cigar lighter shown above. My backup and which I use more than the lighters just to keep proficient, is the ferro flint and steel. I have ferro rods stuck in every pack, glove box, etc. With easily ignitable tinder they are as fast as a lighter and I can work them with cold hands better than flicking a lighter. My hands have been too cold to work a lighter but the flint and steel works with larger muscles, not just finger muscles.