Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by ChanceD
Once I get the scope mounted I'll load some ammo up and start another range report thread. Thanks again for all the Interest, I'm very excited to see how it performs at the range.

I haven't had a disappointing P64 at the range yet.

Yep. Most of them shoot remarkably well - If the bore is good, I am sure this rifle won't disappoint.

Going all the way back to the Model 54 (which has nearly the same action and barrel design as the model 70) these are fine shooting rifles and are generally are more accurate than the rifles which followed from 1964 through 2008.

Originally Posted by ChanceD
The rifle will be shot and hunted with. Im definitely going to switch the mounts to a vintage one piece redfield and some lower rings. I may put the K6 to use also. As soon as I get the scope mounted in some proper mounts, im going to put some loads together and see how it shoots. Very excited, and yes, I know it's not 100%, but I'm ok with that. The way it is, I'll definitely use the rifle.

Don't let anyone give you a hard time about the jeweling or the pad. As a shooter, I think it's perfect. Some will argue a jeweled bolt will have less wear over a lifetime of use than a polished bolt. I'm not sure I've seen evidence of this being true, but this was the original thinking behind the machine turned finish on action parts.