[/quote]

14-years sounds like it might be one of those "double flush" toilets? e.g. for #1 you just hit the handle, for #2 you have to hold the handle down till the detritus fully exits the room?

Unfortunately, for whatever reason, women think that all of their deposits only warrant a #1 flush. This is in spite of the fact that their actual deposit is at at the very least on par with the men in the house, but more importantly completely ignores the ridiculous volume of toilet paper expended.

In any case, as many have mentioned here, the newer low-flush toilets have apparently solved this gender flush-reluctance problem. I recently installed a 1.28? per flush Kohler that cost me in the $170 range at Lowes. It has no flush options, and every time I hit the lever I marvel at how it can swallow a Peterbuilt sized dougan with ease.

[/quote]

No, I believe that the "double flush" models came out after I purchased this one. I would never get one. Even if I did get family trained to be 100% effective on its operation, there would always be guests to worry about.