Originally Posted by kingston
Great post!

TFF!

Aw shucks! I really have to credit Dad for writing this one. He gave the deepest account of his exploits with the Kohler heiress while we made a side trip on a family vacation to drive through the Kohler Company HQ back in '74. Back in the early 50's, Dad was building from March 1 to November 1 in Cincinnati, and then he would take off for Europe for the Winter. It was cheaper living over there. Dad spoke German better than the natives. He was a handsome devil too. He had a boyish Ralph Bellamy look. He was hanging out in Garmish when he met two American chicks travelling together. One was the Kohler girl. They mistook him for a native, not realizing he was from Cincinnati. Dad did nothing to ruin the fantasy. They were thinking about going to Italy, and my father told them he'd chaperone. Somewhere in Italy after a week or two, he fessed up and they weren't put out at all. In fact, he got invited back to go deer hunting with the family. This was the story he relayed to us, driving through Kohler, WI.

Dad did not specify what happened on the deer hunting trip, but I know from other stories that they all went somewhere around Escanaba, MI, and Dad spent most of his time keeping his head down behind a big log. Dad saw where this was all going and did not want to get married and did not want to be an appendage of a toilet heiress and broke things off. Knowing Dad, that probably meant leaving without saying goodbye. Dad didn't like goodbyes.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer