Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
HI GunDoc, I don't have any dimensions that you are looking for. Sadly I sold all of my classics in favor of the pre 64 model 70. Been narrowing chit down to what I can't live without basically. That leaves me with my very faithful 1956 30-06 fwt and my semi-custom 338WM built on the H& H receiver. I believe Scotty can get you those measurements, as he has the 35Newton (I believe) built off a classic action and numerous pre 64's he can measure. Another guy to hit up is pre64win (Jason). He has so many receivers it would make your head hurt... grin Good luck with your search buddy and really like your posts..

Regards,
Lawrence

Thanks for the plug, BSA!

Speaking of things people have... when did you get into "black" guns??? I like your shooting bench as well. You never cease to amaze me. Indeed, my wife would begin asking questions somewhere before the point you have reached smile

When I get a chance I will post photos of the latest custom job working its way through our shop - a very "black" pre-64. A carbon fiber barrel and stock, built on a 1959 magnum action. For an old gun, it definitely meets the intent of making a very "tactical" looking pre-64. My dad cringes when he sees it, but it's really starting to grow on me... maybe I will keep this one!

Thanks again!

Justin