For mine, the original smith notched out the ejector so the rounds could slide up underneath it, then the bolt (sometimes) pushes them into the chamber. Often it just slides over them. I think they would eject at the same point in the bolt throw as original, but it will not eject unfired rounds.

You can imagine my displeasure when I started reloading and the Nosler manual puts max load 250 gr partition in the 338 Win Mag less then 100 fps below the weatherby....from a 24" barrel. I am sure that someone has a better solution than the original gunsmith, but it's not worth it to me. Obviously there is a way to do it if Winchester chambers the same length of action in 375 H&H, 300 Wby, 416 rem. They obviously have parts that work. I think for a 340 build, a rebarrel job of a rifle originally chambered in one of those rounds would have worked better

For me, after a decade or two of experience, 100 fps is not worth it and I should have left well enough alone. I have a 338 barrel back on it, new gunsmith says it works fine, shoot it, but after messing with it again today, I think I want to go back to original mag box, ejector, bolt stop......if I can just find the dang follower. I will be calling Winchester next week.

Here is picture of notched ejector

Attached Images
IMG_1575.JPG (18.31 KB, 16 downloads)
IMG_1574.JPG (19.96 KB, 13 downloads)
Last edited by Slope77; 06/03/17.