Not droning at all, Slope77, and thanks for posting all the pictures.

I suspect you didn't have ejection issues because of the notched ejector causing ejection to begin in the same place as the original chambering as opposed to rearward another 1/4" or so as with a "long" mangums (Which I think with a shorter receiver bridge to facilitate ejection beginning farther to the rear.) I thought about trying a notched ejector myself, but I was concerned that it might cause trouble if you needed to reload in a hurry. From your (Slope77) experience, it seems it might have caused issues picking up a round from the top of the magazine as well.

I suspect you need more barrel length for the .340 Weatherby to significantly outperform the .338 Win. Mag. I'm not sure how lighter bullets would affect the difference between the two. Although the .300 Weatherby was available in the Classics, it was not available in the configuration I wanted. Similar to your conclusions, I didn't feel terribly disadvantaged going with the .300 Win. Mag.

I'm still hoping someone will measure some Classic receivers, bolt cut to the front of the receiver bridge. Also, my original question of why the Pre '64 H&H rifles (.300 & .375) didn't seem to have ejection issues remains unanswered.

Clinging to guns & religion since 1959

Keyboards make people braver than alcohol

Election Integrity is more important than Election Convenience

Washington Post: "Democracy Dies in Darkness"
More correct: "Killing Democracy Faster Than Darkness"