my friend had a 10 year old trijicon scope he had bought used I am not sure of the model just the conversation. He told me it was still under warranty regards the radioactive illumination and he could not see it anymore. He sent it in to trijicon and they sent it back to him and said it was still fine. When he called them they told him they test them in a special dark room and if they could see it glowing then it was good to go. He told them he did not hunt in a special dark room, but no warranty work was ever done. He spoke with several people up the food chain and no one would help him, thus he was left with a bad taste in his mouth regards trijicon. I am a big fan of their night sights on pistols, but a #4 reticle would have saved my bud a world of trouble and he would still be hunting with it.

Like Mr. Tomack I have the victory but in 1.5-6 x 42 with the #60 as well, its as good an illumination system as you can get, and the batteries are easily replaceable. The VX6 is not as good as the dot is bigger but its a very reasonable IR, and kills stuff fine. The worst one I had was in an old NXS 1-4, awful, next worst is the swfa 1-4s but they do work if your using a weapon light at night, what do you expect for $300. The new NXS 2.5-10x42 does not appear to be daylight bright visible to my eyes, its a meah.

all of this is overthinking however as I have killed pigs with a green light on the gun and a #4 reticle, no scope is useful regardless of illumination of the reticle if its a dark night. You can kill stuff just fine with a good green or red light mounted on your weapon and a visible reticle. Wish I could afford to spend $5K on thermal but not in the cards.