I have a 7x57, and what Jim says is right: the bluing is beautiful, the interior is a bit rough (even after cycling the action literally over a thousand times), and the stock looks like it was finished with a single Lipton tea bag. But after having Jim Kobe float it, bed it, and change the recoil pad to a red Pachmayr, and then re-finishing the wood myself (although not recheckering, which it really needs), it turned out to be pretty decent. The LOP is 14.5 inches, not bad for standing but way too long for any other shooting positions, and it is accurate. The barrel has a European twist, i.e., 1:220mm or 1:866", and will put 175 grain Deep Curls right at an inch at 100 yards. Someday I may have it completely reworked, but at this point I'm pretty much wed to a M70 Featherweight, so haven't really thought seriously about it.

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown