Ok, here we go. Dead Possum II, Go Navy (Army)-Beat Cancer Make a Lot of Noise With Savages Match (Phase One, in which Doris gets her oats).

After much soul searching and consultation with the CPA I have on my staff of crackshot kibitzers and drinking buddies, I came to the conclusion that this should not cost anybody who wants to participate anything. Not so much as a farthing (or a dead possum fart). So...... just forward your mailing address via PM and I shall forward to you forthwith whatever targets you need to participate in the event. If you feel the need to pay something, either buy me a beer next time you see me or give a kid some bullets to shoot. I figure the cost of mailing targets to 10-20 entrants won't break the bank. If a hundred entrants jump out of the bushes, well, ok. The targets and envelopes are left over from last year's event.

To save me trying to remember all the rules I set out in the previous post, or jumping back and forth in an effort to transcribe them, please refer to the previous thread I started. (I just can't figure out how to cut and paste that response in that thread. If you are savvy enough to make the link happen, I beg you do so, and will buy you a beer next time I see you.)

Remember, those who wish to fire the "Ten Shots Quick" leg must provide their own paper plate. I'm not surrendering any of my "fine china".

Match dates: June 1-July 1. Post your results here, in this thread. Or, mail your targets to me and I'll score them. (A fifth of scotch will help sharpen my eyesight when doing said scoring. Just saying...)

Shooter submitting the best 50 yard .22 group gets the Traveling Possum Award. (Thanks again, Keith.)

I have made formal application to the International Olympic Committee to make the Dead Possum Matches an Olympic event, perhaps in place of the Biathlon. We shall see.

Let the Games begin!!!!

Gary (Ol' Deadeye) Dunkelberger

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty