The results are in.

Dead Possum Match- 50 yards .22 rimfire, any sights.

Steve99- .376"
RAS- ? bug hole group, but no measurement
KeithNYST-.789"
gnoahhh- .465"

Even though Jeff didn't measure his group I think we can agree that his tiny group indeed skunked us (possumed us?).

Go Navy/Go Army Match- 100 yards, any Savage lever action, any sights

RAS - Tiny group, but no measurement, 99R .250, scoped
gnoahhh - 1.190", 1899H .22HP, iron sights

Again, we need to get Jeff a micrometer caliper, but he obviously turned in the best group. (But ya gotta admit 1.190" with aperture sights and a 100+ year old carbine ain't bad. grin ) And since Jeff is a Marine, and I have ties to the Naval Academy, we shall officially call it the "Go Navy Match". (Sorry, Keith smile )

Ten Shots Fast Match- any Savage autoloading pistola

It's hard to tell, but I think Southern Wi Savage (Rick) beat out the competition slightly.

Match results are final as of five minutes after I post this. That's how long you have to register a challenge! grin

To the guys who turned in fine results but not on regulation targets, thanks for shooting the match anyway. Since we're going for group size not score, perhaps next time we should just shoot whatever targets we feel comfy with? Keep it in mind for the next match which should be this fall after the weather cools off a bit (and the dead possums don't reek as bad).

Thanks to all who participated. My goal with this exercise is to get us away from the internet and make our cherished rifles do what they were intended for. Furthermore, the sound of Savage rifle fire is as 'Merican as you can get, and adds to the sound of Freedom.

Gary

Last edited by gnoahhh; 07/06/17.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty