Potsy is right about good equipment making it easier on the cows and the crew. We have four working corrals scattered over about 15 sections in two locations plus the corrals at the house and it is not always possible to have the best equipment at each location. Not to mention the folks from town that want to haul off or vandalize things. We use squeeze chutes or calf tables when they are available and it is not a social event. We use propane burners or 55 gallon barrels with the top cut out and a hole in the side. No shortage of mesquite for the fire. Sale barn uses an electric branding iron. Took them about 20 minutes to brand a bull I bought the other day. Have a couple guys that help me and we get it done. Never developed a taste for beer and the whiskey and tequila wait till we get home. I'll rope your cattle all day long but when your working my cattle don't pull your rope off your saddle until I pull mine off first. Things have a way of getting western enough with encouraging it. Where do you think Baxter Black gets his material.