Originally Posted by Potsy
There's not a whole lot of branding here in the East. Way back when I was in college, a buddy of mine flunked out and got a job managing a farm the same day. The place was in pretty rough shape and cattle pretty much wandered around wherever they wanted to go (mostly corps ground around the lake). He did have a pretty decent horse and there was a sweep tub and squeeze chute in a pile inside one of the barns. They did have an electric brand and as he brought cattle in, he'd brand them just so he'd know his from anybody else's until the fencing was repaired (fortunately, the neighbors had kept their fences up pretty well, we deal with a lot more fences over here than ya'll probably do:( ).

I did work at a demo a few years back for a dealer where it was my equipment, a couple of pharmaceutical reps, and a fellow showing how to freeze brand. That's sort of a neat deal but mostly seems for individual animal identification. WAY too slow a process for the folks on this thread.

Freeze branding is agonizingly slow. Although I believe we can freeze brand now for ownership.

Montana MOFO