I would like to also chime in on behalf of the Tract Toric's. I currently own both the 8x42 and 10x42's. I bought the Leica Trinovid 10x42's and have looked through the 8x42's, comparing them to other binoculars I own. After comparing the 10 power units side by side my conclusion was that the Toric's offered a more contrasty and color neutral view. Apparent sharpness appeared a touch better in the Tracts for me as well.

The Leicas were good glass, and had some nice points (fabulous build quality, and great ease of view), but both me and my dad found the Toric's to provide a more detailed view. Chromatic aberration was significantly lower in the Tracts, and we found looking into shadows provided more detail and better color rendition with the Tracts. In addition, the focus wheel was smoother than the Trinovid's.

I bought the Trinovids on closeout for $900, but was happy to sell them at a loss on eBay after comparing them side by side. Btw-although I love the 10x torics, I found the 8x units were a bit less finicky on eye placement, and offered the slightly brighter, and easier view. However, when I want a 10x binocular, the Toric's are my #1 choice.