Agreed, I'd send my 3-10 SHV back to the mothership tomorrow if they offered an illum upgrade for it... failing that, a guy has to pony up another $900 for the NXS version which is otherwise (size, weight, optics) more or less identical functionally, other than the superior feel and zero stop'd NXS turrets of course and the extra-uber-overbuilt qualities of the NXS...

I wish they'd offer something like the duplex Zeiss used to put in the Conquests, but with some windage hashes on the horizontal stadia.

On the zero-stop note, I make my own for my SHV and have made a few for forum members. Happy to make more (no charge). I'm putting the disclaimer on there that since "grounding out" against the ZS puts in essence upward pull on the erector internals, I don't think these zero stops are something to use aggressively- IE, crank down hard against it. I think of it as a safety net, just there as backup in case I were to forget what rev I was on. I set them up so that the actual stopping happens a couple MOA below nominal zero for just that reason. Anyway, they look like this; it's the black ring with a notch in it:

[Linked Image]

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!