Originally Posted by LJB
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
Originally Posted by WDEA
Gotcha fellas, I typically dont find myself hunting in thicker timber.

However, I dont want the handicap if I find myself in a situation.

Makes me wonder how different the same reticles, namely MOAR, are in a F1 versus non-F1 NXS.

Is the reticle less defined in the F1?

at low power they dang sure are. FFP is a controversial issue. the simply fact of the matter is most people don't shoot much unless they are at the range. FFP is great if your mostly at max power or close to it. IE at the range. hunting your going to want the opposite and be on low power in case a fast shot is needed. FFP isn't what you want for a hunting scope IMO

Couldn't disagree more. IMO, reticle subtensions which are constant WRT to the target at any/all ranges/powers trump low power useability in field conditions (i.e., hunting) almost every time.

That said, and also IMO, many of the NF reticles are too fine for hunting applications.

so actually seeing the reticle at low power in bad light means nothing to you? good luck when someone left the illumination on your FFP scope without you knowing it and there is an animal jogging by at 50 yards at first light or last light and you can't even see the reticle. Go back to the gun range, who the hell cares about subtensions at low freaking power, you don't need them you need to simply make a quick shot, most long range hunting or areas where you can and do need to shoot long range. Often the shots can also be close. you don't need the features of the reticle unless your shooting long range, and at that time you have a chance to check what power your on and with the scopes I use I simply dial max power. Its either the least power or max power. my scopes does not see in between very much. then again I don't shoot that much at a gun range.