Originally Posted by jk16
RH

Everybody holds a rifle differently and sees a view through a scope differently. And some of us do take consistent stock fit from shot to shot seriously as well.No matter what power the scope is set on.

And the issue with the wide variation on the 4-12 Leupold eye relief has been known for a long time and acknowledged even by the most biased Leupold fanboys,which is why that model has never been as popular as it could have been. I just thought Kragman needed to know the full story on them- warts and all.

The 4-12x40s are my second most common Leupolds, following only the 2-7x33s. I've never noticed an eye relief problem with the 4-12x40s and currently have twelve of them in service. I don't claim to be particularly biased one way or another for or against Leupold products, as my expectations are pretty vague, just that the products work under the conditions that I typically use them. I do have around 100 Leupold scopes and they are are more numerous than any other single brand that I own, but if something came along that met my needs noticeably better, I'd change scope brands and models without a second thought.