Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Jk16: I agree completely on the value for dollars spent for these Weaver V-16's!
I began recommending these scopes to fellow Colony Varmint Hunters 20 years ago and I am sure at least 10 of my friends have 14 to 18 of these scopes today.
To date not one problem with any that I have heard of.
All my friends have commented on how well the V-16's "track" - in other words you move the adjustments and the bullet moves the intended amount!
Right away!
I just checked my on-line gun inventory and I have 6 (six) of these Weaver V-16's along with 1 (one) Weaver V-24 and several Weaver KT-15's (straight 15 power).
I have been MORE than happy with all of them - but in full disclosure they are all on Colony Varmint Rifles and none have seen much inclement weather at all.
They do all hold zero with much travel bouncing in trucks and some on ATV's.
I am a "Leupold" kind of guy and they are my "go to" scopes for Big Game Hunting and most of my Varmint Rifles but when I see a Weaver V-16 (or similar Weavers) on the used market I don't hesitate.
Good for the Weaver folks (and the LOW folks also).
You are also correct on the price comparisons - a Leupold 4.5x14 with adjustable objective would be twice the cost of a Weaver V-16 (used to used and new to new comparisons).
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

I like V16s too and have several of them in service on rifles from 17HM2 to 260, but the Marlin 983 has a sporter weight/contour barrel and the V16 seems a little large, such that the package's feng shui would be out of balance.