Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
I don't have any high dollar handguns, or any cheap stuff.

My handgun battery consists of only two brands, Ruger and Glock. Wasn't even a deliberate choice. Just practical quality at a fair price. No lemons among them.

I know you are probably talking about your Super Blackhawk, but it reminded me of my buddy's P90.

So many years ago, I want to say maybe 1993 or 1994 (ish) a college buddy bought a Ruger P90 .45 from the guy who owned the service station he worked part time at. It was as ergonomic as a 2x4 and goofy looking. I was giving him a hard time since I had a 70 series Colt ( I was hugely proud of). That weekend we went out and shot some of my USPSA loads. That P90 not only out shot my slicked up 70 series, it had less recoil. The DA trigger was mushy as heck but it was totally reliable and shot like a match gun. You rarely see them around these days, but I ended up playing with a couple more over the years, and the 45 versions were all the same. They were all stupidly accurate.

I saw quite a few P90's at my LE qualifications for a few years and your experience with them mirrors mine. I'd probably have bought one but they fit my hand about as poorly as any modern pistol I ever tried.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ