Originally Posted by rondrews
A lot of good advice. What really gets me is the manufacturers' failure to test the gun before shipping it. I bought a S&W Bodyguard with a thumb safety that would not operate. How many minutes would it take for an Inspector to flip the safety off and on. Incredible! I just returned another weapon because there was no serial number on it. It was on the box, but not on the weapon. I chastised the Dealer on a gun that would not fire for not at least pulling the trigger. His response was that he sells so many guns that his people don't have the time to check them all. That may be true, but a cursory exam that would only take a minute or two is not out of order. Pulling the trigger and working the safety or slide catch does not take a lot of time. Sending it back to the Mfr. is a pain and it's almost like passing the buck. The dealer won't accept responsibility and the Mfr. just sits there with a nod and might fix the problem when they get around to it. The SCCY that I sent back for FTF had an empty cartridge with an inspector's name on it. How in blazes did he fire it when the trigger would not work? Truth be known, he had a pocket full of spent cartridges and he just threw one in the box during coffee break.

You seem to have a lot of bad luck with firearms.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.