Jim, that really is beautiful country and I love haying big fields like that!

Driest spring here in +100 years, just unbelievable. Plenty of wind though, seems like it blows everyday. Blowing 40-50mph right now so I said the hell with it and called it a day.

That wrap sure is nice for making a quick bale, I don't miss waiting for twine one bit! We have a pair of NH 7090's and don't rake anything. You can really put up the hay in a timely fashion when they are both running. Short window for dew around here and it burns of quick.

What wrap do you use?

We use Bridon Integra and it's okay but not as strong the Vermeer brand. No big deal most of the time but it'll rip pretty easy when the damn ice comes around. Good for alfalfa bales because they tend to stay together a lot better than hay barley or straw.

Round bales just work better for us as well. Easy to feed with the pickup and like you say they carryover better. Like you guys we are looking to put up 1000 ton but I'm sure we'll have to buy some as well. Our dryland hay barley is in dismal shape and I doubt we'll even cut it. Hell half of it didn't even come up. Layin' in dry ground for the last 45 days....

But we got everything watered on the riverbottom and I've been cutting a hellacious 1st cutting of alfalfa. It should average 2-3 ton/acre.

Stressing out dodgin' fawns and birds....