Blowing hard here too Sam. We never went to the field, thought about it a couple times and decided not too. This light hay would blow today, and if we got a fire going it might be in Wolf Point tonight.

We dont get a dew up here, about 10 miles south of the valley. We have to bale with some stem moisture. Sometimes a bit too much stem moisture!

We used the big rolls of John Deere wrap for a couple years. It was okay, but would have some trouble with damn near each roll. They were too heavy for anyone else but me...around 9000 feet.

Last year we switched to the Bridon stuff and really like it. Never have any trouble with it. Quite a bit lighter. We put on 2.2 wraps per the monitor.

I still use twine for straw and grain hay so they dont explode when frozen.

I am glad you are going to get a good first cutting. Most of the folks around here say their first will be poor. Some of them sprayed for weevils when they probably should have just gone ahead and cut it.

We have some organic wheat that looks okay. The lentils look okay too.

The safflower and conventional wheat are wrecks. Pretty much anything we seeded after the 15 of May is garbage.

We seeded into moisture but with wind every day it dried out past the seed. Only half a stand.

If we get some rain later we might work it up and plant millet or sorghum-sudan grass and try to sell it for hay.

Good looking fawn. I bet he was in the next swath over on the next round.

Too many seagulls though.......

I am MAGA.