Originally Posted by geedubya
Originally Posted by GeoW
Damn GDub.. Just how big is yer pig parlor? Are you killin the same damn pigs over and over again?

😜

Trespass leases are the norm here in Texas,as access to public land is somewhat scarce/difficult. I and 7 other old farts are on a 1,700 acre tresspass lease that is out of a 60,000 acre plus low-fenced/no-fenced ranch that was the the Dolph Briscoe homestead. Being its a lot of foothills and canyons, it's seems like 3,000 acres. It is just below Reagan Wells and 16 miles north of Uvalde, six miles in off the nearest paved road. If you look at a map of the area you can see that it is very sparsely developed, being mostly ranch country. We are over-run with hogs. I go up at least once a month and usually stay 3 to 5 days. Actually I usually make between 16 and 20 trips a year. I managed to snare and shoot 20+ hogs in April and May. A sow can breed at six months, can have up to 13 shoats per litter and can have 2 litters per year. I don't think I'm making a dent in the population. Besides, hoglets are the best tasting bullet test media I've found. Next trip I will have two pens finished and will start trapping them.

ya!

GWB

I run across a long snouted piney woods rooter every now and then but yours look like No.1s to me. 😜

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member