FWIW, I'm not pushing the Blaser. Actually, I prefer the M70/Dakota76/Mauser98.

However, one Blaser advantage is the interchangeable barrel/caliber feature. I have .30/06, .300 Win mag, .338 Win mag, 9.3x62 and .375 H&H barrels for mine. I also have two bolts; one for .473 case heads and another for .532. It takes all of two minutes to switch calibers and the Blaser saddle type scope mount takes about a minute to swap between rifles. If you keep a zeroed scope with the barrel, the rifle will print to the exact same point of aim every time, despite the disassembly/reassembly. The Blaser also breaks down into a relatively small package for travel. Americase made a case for me that holds the R93 stock and two scoped barrels. It is quite a bit smaller and lighter than any other two rifle case I have.

Blaser barrels cost about a grand new, less used. This is less expensive than buying a whole new rifle and scope for each caliber that you want and is much easier to store. My .30/06 and 9.3x62 barrels shoot factory ammunition into .5". The .300, .338 and .375 barrels shoot an inch and a half.

The rifle needs nothing as it comes out of the box. The trigger is a crisp 2.5 lbs. It does not need to be bedded. The Blaser scope mounts fit perfectly with absolutely no gunsmithing required. The action doesn't have to be polished or squared and trued. It has a nitride rust resistant finish, so it does not need to be Cerakoted. Should you want to change barrels/calibers, no gunsmithing is required.

One last feature is that since the Blaser has no true receiver, it is about four inches shorter overall than a conventional bolt action rifle. That means the overall length with a 26" barrel in .300 Win mag is equivalent to a conventional rifle with a 22" barrel.

Are Blasers a panacea? Absolutely not. I mostly hunt African DG. I would not bring one on a DG hunt for a myriad of reasons that appear in my previous posts. But for a southpaw who wants two calibers and can't decide between them, a Blaser makes a lot of sense.