I have been a bike rider since the early 80's, but have to say one of the dumbest phugging things CA ever did was to legalize lane sharing for motorcycles. You can be driving along in your lane, never change lanes, never drive out of your lane, and be AT FAULT for hitting a motorcycle.
SOME motorcyclists in CA have become just like bicycle riders, who believe the world needs to watch out for them, and part ways to make room for them to travel 20, 30, 40 mph faster than the rest of traffic.
If a rider tried to split a lane between two cars who never leave their lanes, and the bike tares a mirror off, guess what, the bike rider is not at fault.

I have seen this clip, not entirely sure what happened there, but how quickly the car jolted after the kick, it almost seems to me more instinctual after hearing a loud thump, and having no idea where is came from, the car driver looked to be startled. Have yet to see road rage cause anybody to drive head on into a K-rail.

Now if the biker wants to claim he kicked the car as a defensive move, then own it, why scream off like a phugging coward leaving destruction and damage in your wake? "The car started to drift into me, I kicked the car hoping to alert them that they drifting into me".

I have been a commercial driver for 35 years, I have driven bikes for 35 years, but I too get startled on a regular basis from cyclists blowing by me inches from my window. So no, all car drivers are not idiots for not seeing bikes, unless you check your mirrors every 15 seconds, chances are you will not see the bike until he scares the schitt out of you as he blows by you in your lane. Some bikers use the new law wisely, some drive like azzholes, and some get indignant and pissed off if people don't move over for them. Yep, it is YOUR responsibility to get even closer to the car to your right, to allow the bike to share your lane.