Originally Posted by SLDUCK
shots will be limited to 150 yards. I like the idea of lighter in a 1894 Marlin do handload so not a problem. I was looking at the Buffalo Bore deer grenades. They look like an equalizer out to the 150 mark.

I have a '92 in 44 mag. So fun. I killed some deer and many hogs with mine. I tried different ammo and the Hornady Lever Revolution shot a little better than most others BUT it s on game performance left something to be desired. Compared to the SKS (my other hog gun ) there was a marked difference. I went to a hollow point and expect better results. By that I mean bit more shock value and stuff STAYING down. Think you make a great call on the BB ammo for deer. The Lever Revolution might be better ammo in other calibers but I am not alone in being disappointed with the 44 mag stuff. Good luck and congrats on your new rifle. I LOVE toting the B92 around and do pretty well with it out to 100yds.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius