Originally Posted by tddeangelo
Originally Posted by FallGuy
I have the Lowa Tibet GTXs in size 14 and love them. Excellent support and comfort, and I especially like the lacing system. Mine seem true to size with plenty of room in the toe box.

I've been thinking about them. I got a pair of Lowa Caminos in 14 this spring and have been really liking them. I did some steep uphill hiking with a 40lb pack yesterday...then came back down the same slope, and the 14's gave me room to not bump toes, even down hill with extra weight. So I've been thinking about the Tibets. No insulation kinda bugs me.....these will get used here in Pennsylvania for stand sitting as well as in the west for elk.....hmmm...

Joel, they have a 600g option for the Granite now (I think it's a pretty new option), so they have 200g or 600g options, and Kenetrek has uninsulated and 400g options.

I use Lowa Tibet Pros size 14 and highly recommend them for hiking with heavy loads (on my second pair). For my feet they are about perfect although any stiff soled boots are a little noisy and overkill for most hunting. For stand hunting whitetail in New England, I use Arctic Shield boot blankets and just slide them on when needed. This way when walking your feet don't sweat as much and you can instantly add a lot of insulation. 600 or 1000 grams isn't enough to keep your feet warm when sitting on a stand anyway so don't stress over getting a boot with insulation. I've tried several Kenetrek's and they never seem to keep my heal in place.