Originally Posted by Cowboybart
I live here and pay taxes here and earn less money by doing so. There is no reason that I should have to plan a 400 mile trip, pay the trespass fees and overnight somewhere to bring home an antelope. I have plenty of areas to hunt within 50 miles of me. It is just that WY will not issue tags, because they want the increased revenue from a non resident tag. They also want the non res to pay the trespass fee on private property. As a resident I can visit with the property owner now (had I drawn a tag), develop a friendship with him and not have to pay the fee.

If I'm gonna pay all the fees and plan a hunt within my own state, I my as well go to TX and kill pigs. Pound per dollar per hour it is about the same.

If you're going to rant, have your facts straight, as every post you've made on this thread is total bullchit.

First off, as a resident of WY you can get, easily, 2 buck deer permits, at least 4 doe tags, 2 buck pronghorn tags, 4 doe tags, 3 elk tags, 2 lion tags, 1 wolf and 1 bear...

If you aren't hunting Wyoming as a Resident, its by choice, and I don't care where you live, you can find those permits closer than 400 miles.

I've shot at least 2 elk per year (usually 3), at least 2 pronghorn per year (a couple years as many as 6), and deer whenever I want...all on public land or lands enrolled in the HMA program...every one of the 17 years I've lived in Wyoming. I've never paid a single trespass fee, ever.

You're also wrong about the "exotics" and resident preference points...there are NO points for either R or NR hunters for goats and bison. Grizzlies wont have preference points either.

The split for R and NR tags is set by either statute (in the case of sheep, goat and grizzlies) or regulation (the rest of the species). The way its worded is that for example: 75% of the sheep tags will be reserved for R hunters...84% of LQ elk tags will be reserved for residents, etc. The GF is not giving your R tags to NR to increase revenue...that's purely a lie and a fabrication. Pure bullchit.

IMO, you're choosing to whine instead of hunt...count that as a choice and you must be a pretty casual hunter if you're complaining about the hunting and access to licenses as a resident...good grief.

Last edited by BuzzH; 06/29/17.