Originally Posted by Cowboybart
and pay taxes here and earn less money by doing so. There is no reason that I should have to plan a 400 mile trip, pay the trespass fees and overnight somewhere to bring home an antelope. I have plenty of areas to hunt within 50 miles of me. It is just that WY will not issue tags, because they want the increased revenue from a non resident tag. They also want the non res to pay the trespass fee on private property. As a resident I can visit with the property owner now (had I drawn a tag), develop a friendship with him and not have to pay the fee.

If I'm gonna pay all the fees and plan a hunt within my own state, I my as well go to TX and kill pigs. Pound per dollar per hour it is about the same.

WGFD has its faults, but my god...you're quite delusional here...

It is true that tags that were guaranteed 5 years ago for your first choice are not even guaranteed for your 2nd or even 3rd choice these days, but there's still plenty of opportunity...cow elk tags especially have been cut way down in the Wyoming Range but plenty of tags are still available elsewhere in the state.

Where are you at? Even if you're in Jackson, you're well within 400 miles of areas with leftover buck antelope tags and at least some public land.

I drew my 3rd choice buck antelope tag east of Rawlins, and an extra cow elk in 104. No doe antelope for me for the first time since at least 2012, though I am in for the 2nd draw. General deer and elk.