Originally Posted by WillARights

No cull picture of the lizard blood letting? Make sure you hold them at ams length so they look yuuuuuge.

Well, I did that and it didn't seem to matter much.

Here's the story. Went back for a retest of the earplug thing per Terry's suggestion, still did not work for me. Oh well.

Grabbed the T/C Patriot (I am) and did about 30 seconds of initial load calcs and came up with 5 gr of 3fg and 30 gr of rice (instant) nested between two .45 cal card wads from John Walters out OK way. The primers were old stash RWS #11's that had a fair share of green funk on them due to their senior status and storage methods of the previous owner (he DGAS).

Load 1: Tested on an unfortunate dead roach on the front porch, tits up and dried out a little, this at a measured range of 8.694'. With full armor shielding in place (this is not a recommended load per Thompson Center) and left foot forward (it's the way I roll), I took aim, set the trigger and let fly. The roach vanished. The sound was somewhat more noticeable than a cap gun.

Load 2: After due consideration and analysis I loaded 6 gr of 3fg with the aforementioned card wads and 32.5 gr or rice. That's weight, not kernels you dimwit. I used 3# of compression on the ram rod, put an appropriately corroded cap on the nipple and set forth is search of a lizard. It did not take long.

I have to admit and I'm somewhat surprised that Will's advice had no benefit in illustrating the size of this monster. It is 5.436' in length and weighs 87.54 pounds. The measured distance from muzzle to the critter's head was taken by laser range finder and was 6.483'. The sound measured 92 Db-a. Note the brutal wound to the head and also just behind the diaphragm. I may need to use a shot (rice?) collar to control the pattern. I am also investigating the use of other grains, to include whole grain rice, tapioca, and quinoa. I think 5 grains of powder is adequate, but that is subject to revision as the journey unfolds.

[Linked Image]

Time to rock'n roll!

There is no bag limit and these things are illegal immigrants.

Dan

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain