Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by beretzs
Gunner, so I built mine pretty much off of Bobs rifle. I used a P64 Magnum action, Echols Legend EDGE shell, I started with a 2B which Kevin Weaver contoured down to copy a Krieger #2. I had the barrel cut at 25". Mine was Cerrakoted Midnight Blue as well. With the 3x9 SWFA SS and TPS alloys it goes 8.5 lbs. Its a little heavier than what Bobs was, probably more the scope than Anything plus I used Blackburn BM which is heavy stuff.

I think the 160 Accubond is a great choice but the 7mm is flooded with awesome hunting Bullets. You can't hardly go wrong with any of them.

10-4 Beretz, I saw pics of your rifle and like it a lot, mine with the #3 barrel but wearing a lighter 3.5-10x40 may top out at around 9lbs which is more than fine with me, still 7lbs lighter than a bull barreled 45-110 Sharps. smile

The 160 AB will be a nice place to start, I can't think of a better more proven straight hunting bullet with a descent bc than the 7mm 160 gr AB, if it doesn't shoot, I'll look elsewhere, with the 154 IB's being at the top of the list, I need a Mashburn about like another hole in the head, but hey, all the cool guys have one ;]

I've really never been disappointed with the 160 AB. It has crushed everything it's been shot at so far between myself and friends. It might be my favorite Accubond just out of sheer use and it is usually pretty accurate as well.

I just can't help but try some other Bullets since there are so many good ones out there. One Mashburn shooter is running 120 TTSXs at 3600 from his rifle and smokes elk and bear pretty handily too. Tons of options.

10-4 Beretz, with an 8 twist I'll be looking at 160 grains first with the option of going up in weight, need to check, but the heaviest offered LRX Barnes may be a contender too.

Trump Won!