Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Not everyone likes them. I don't, but then I don't have much time for any HV .22 ammo. I target shoot mainly, with a little plinking thrown in and I go for accuracy over speed. Even though I'm an avid squirrel hunter and shoot more than my share of them, I even prefer standard velocity target ammo for them also- again choosing accuracy over velocity. (And over the course of 50 years at that game I honestly can't remember ever losing a squirrel because I didn't hit it with a HV bullet.) I don't buy into the nonsense of shooting deer with magnum cartridges either.

In my experience Stingers always, without fail, turned in lousy accuracy. (To me lousy accuracy is an inch or worse at 50 yards- and Stingers always were that bad and worse, usually a lot worse. Useable accuracy equals 1/2-3/4"/50 yards. Expected accuracy is 1/4-1/2".)

I split the difference with my small game ammo and use RWS SSHPs. As accurate as anything I've tried so far in my sporter, and killer-diller on squirrels. They also hit the same POI as SVs and Aguila match, and darn close to Quiet .22 solids. Don't worry about bigger critters anymore since I grew up and got bigger guns. The SS ammo is much quieter in the woods where HS makes a considerable crack.

Stingers are a crapshoot accuracy-wise, but are the killingest LRs I've used. They're the only one I'd trust to kill groundhogs cleanly with a chest shot. They also crank about 1200fps out of a pistol.

Last edited by Pappy348; 07/17/17.

What fresh Hell is this?