Originally Posted by AnsonRogers

I've never shot a pig so can't say if they are tougher than deer or not.

No doubt they are much tougher. I would say maybe (definitely) tougher than a Black Bear. They have thick rubbery often mud caked hides. The boars have up to a three inch shield of gristle covering the vitals. The heart and lungs are deceptively farther forward than it appears. They will come after you if you botch a shot. Their bones are thick and fatty so don't always shatter when hit. They can have a thick layer of fat and tallow on them. They have an attitude.

That said I don't know what to think about bullet performance anymore. I have had both Sierra's and Noslers go kablooy on me and even though it is usually MD's experience of one it is impossible not to jump to conclusions and damn the lot of them. But I enjoy proving myself wrong and will use both of them in the future. However the BT is the current darling and the SPS tilts the decision in their favor. But I guess when it comes down to it I have reverted back to my Bubba heritage and which ever one is on sale gets the nod.

Will add this though as far as hunting bullets go these are accurate and mo accurate almost a toss up but I would put the Sierra's slightly ahead if I had to chose. I think Kenny Jarrett said this about the BT but same with the Sierra " If a rifle won't shoot well with these it probably isn't going to shoot well with anything."

Last edited by Tejano; 07/20/17.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli