Originally Posted by RevMike
Gents:

We hear/know how tough the 120-gr. NBT .284 is, but I was wondering what your experiences are with the Sierra Pro Hunter in the same weight. I'm looking for an inexpensive lightweight bullet to push at medium velocities for field practice and use on Florida whitetails (and pigs, of course). Is the Pro Hunter as stoutly built as the Ballistic Tip?

Thanks.

RM

I tend to go for something tough enough for the worst-case shot angle scenario on the biggest thing I'll possibly encounter. Culling does and eater pigs over bait or other setup scenarios should allow you to pick your shot, so you can maybe get away with something a little softer.

Another idea would be to develope your hunting load with something tough and use the soft ones for practice. That would possibly make a box of premium bullets last nearly the lifetime of someone of a certain age.🤔

BTW, I sectioned a 100gr 6mm PH and found it had, as advertised, a tapered jacket, quite thick at the base. However one I put through the heart of an adult doe at almost exactly 100 yards pretty much evaporated, admittedly after souping everything in the area.

What fresh Hell is this?