Originally Posted by Downstream
Flave, thanksfor posting this up. I would rather have the prayers of earnest people than, a fire truck at my doorstep at these times. Sereriously. Thank all of you . We were the first people on site at the Crying Fire and it connected with the Lodgepole Complex fires about four hundred yards south of us. The boys and i have been nonstop for about six days and are finally getting a break today. Sent them to winnett for supplies and a needed break from the old man. I am so proud to have been in on this kind of nasty encounter with my sons that i seriously can not express it. They got a good crash course in the manly arts this week in bulldozing, pulaski use, felling burning trees with chainsaws and most important, obeying orderss from old dad even when he does not have time to explain. They did it all week with out complaint or pay and i can,t thank them enough. We had fire on all four sides at diferent times this week and were told to evacuate two or three times, but we litterally dug in and prayed that all our efforts would be good. They were. Many thanks to the folks who come take the impossible job of fighting these fires. It may be fun running around in fancy equiptment, but they also got to get up close and damn hot at times. Job well done by all BLM and local fire fighters. Special thanks to the Crew from Fort Belknap Res. Who helped us over and above thejob description geting a line started in some
Nasty thick timber. Big balls on these guys. Could go on and on with thanks and still miss many because of the rush of all actions. Bottom line is, dont pass a chance to pray for your friends.

Good to hear! You all need a well deserved break

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...