Originally Posted by JTPinTX
I have come into a 257 Roberts built on a VZ-24 action. It just came with a few cases though, and I need brass. Which, of course, is pretty tough to find right now.

You can find some Nosler at around $65-80/50 a few places. Kind of spendy for my tastes, but will do it if I have to. Gunbroker has a bit here and there, but I don't really care for the auctions/waiting/bidding thing. Once again, I will do it if I need to though. I could form it down from 7x57, but since I have two 7x57's in the safe I really would rather not go that route. What are some other options? Anyone know of some Remington or Winchester in stock somewhere? Form from something different? I don't have to have a bunch for this rifle, 50 would do, I would prefer to have 100 though.

Options?

I feel your pain. If you think .257 Roberts brass is hard to find in the US, try finding some in Australia! The only stuff I could find was some Nosler at AU$147 per 50. I guess I'll have to learn to anneal and look after my brass instead of junking it after 4 or 5 reloads. The Nosler brass is very nice though.