I have owned a few 320s. Decent gun, but certaily no better than the average walnut stocked Marlin or Rem boltgun of the era. Certainly no better of a rifle than a m69 Winny.

The reason why they are collectable is first they say "Winchester" on the barrel ..;)
Second they were only made for a few years.

As far as the Winchester 320 being a " direct decendant" of the Kimber m82 ? In terms of design, thats not really true. The m320 barrelled action WAS made in Australia for Winchester by SPORTCO which was managed by Jack Warne , who about ten years later emmigrated to the USA with his son Greg and founded Kimber of Oregon.

The little M320 s a very different gun than the Kimber m82 ( think Winchester m69 vs M 52) Really the only parts they share are the magazine and mag/well catch- which are the origional SPORTCO tooling.

Everything else about the Kimber m82 design is heavier,larger and different .

The biggest issue I have with the m320 is the difficulty of finding spare magazines. I once got a Winchester m320 for $75 in a Pawn Shop simply because it had no magazine and the shop. owner had no idea where to buy a replacement. I had an orphan Kimber m82 magazine at home..so that 320 went home with me that day smile

I surely would NOT pay more for a Winchester m320 than a m69 sporter in the same condition.

Last edited by jk16; 08/04/17.