Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by Zerk
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
Originally Posted by Zerk
Originally Posted by Unalakleet_Yooper
Palmetto State Armory has Weatherby Vanguards in stainless 30-06 for $400 shipped and blued for $350

Depends if you want Jap.

What is wrong with Japanese rifles other than racial bigotry?

Racial bigotry. But I prefer to support people in the country I live, for selfish reasons. Not like you can't find an affordable American gun.

Not directed at you, but it's funny how many decry foreign rifles, then slap Chinese or Japanese scopes on their American ones.

All my rifles have Leupolds except a Savage that 24 that came with a Nikon. If I keep using it, it will get one. So far just punching paper.

I am not saying Jap rifles are crap. It is just that I work in America, so it benefits me to work in a country that people have money to spend. Also I have dealt with Asain people, pushy culture. I also think the Japanese people have so serious moral flaws. Rape of Nankin. Pearl Habor. China holds human rights violations against Japan, so what does that say?

But in general I try to avoid Chinese products, because I don't want to prop up an enemy of the US. Obviously I can't 100% of the time. But there are more American products made than what lazy people say there is. I will also choose other 3rd world countries over China.

While not an enemy, you can also bring up some of these items with German, after WW1 and 2, and all the Jews they tortured, and they people looked the other way. We do tend too tend to look the other way because they are white. I have German hertigage. But it still crosses my mind

Budget rifles to me are this current crop of $500, Ruger American, Savage 110s, some 700s, and all the others. $800 is not high end, but a step up. Your better 700s and Rugers. I havn't done enough comparing, but I would think you could find a budget American rifle. I also realize sometimes we just want something. I am not saying I toe the line 100%, but I do keep it in sight. I could see Tika/Sako, I got some Finn, and they have not been a problem on the world stage. Plus beat back Russia in the Winter War, were somewhat neutral in WW2 with German, they didn't like the Russians.

But again I believe it is my interest to keep as much money in the US I can, since I live in the US. I am not one of these people who believe it is a global economy. That is for people to lazy to check the level.