Zerk =

I've done enough research on the Remington trigger issue and read enough court documents to believe Remington put profits over customer safety. They are not the first company to do so nor will they be the last. Choose not to believe that if you wish. For the record I currently own three Remington long guns (M700, M700M, 870) and had another M700 I sent down the road to fund an AR.

Most of the people responsible for Japan's actions in China and the Pacific are long dead. The current generations are far removed from the culture that was responsible for those actions. If you want to hold the current generations responsible you must also hold yourself responsible for American slavery. "Separate but equal" never was equal and wasn't that long ago. I'm old enough to remember it.

As to American guns, most of mine are. High Standard. Kimber. Ruger. Savage. Marlin. Remington. Ithaca. Aero. Kimber. S&W. Thompson Center. Rock River. Pioneer (Stevens). Iver Johnson. My Browning Buckmark and BDM. Some were acquired used, some new, one built from parts. My 950B Beretta is Italian. My Browning rifles are Japanese. My Interams is a Yugoslavia action with an American trigger, barrel and stock. But I don't really care where they were made - what I cared about was the quality and value at the time of purchase, whether buying complete rifles or parts.

Like you, I try to support American manufacturers. When the quality and value isn't there, I am happy to look at foreign made. Yes, even for rifles. Most of my rifles cost me under $500, including those purchased new. A small fraction cost more but are no better, so I agree there are a lot of $500 American guns "that will do just fine", at least from a safety/reliability/accuracy/functionality standpoint, which is my primary concern. Dad gave me his Ruger American before he passed away. In spite of everything I tried, it failed the accuracy test and went down the road - a $0 rifle that didn't make the grade.

If I was in the market for a new rifle and a foreign made rifle best suited my needs, it would get the nod. With no apologies to anyone.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.