I've had a couple and worked on a couple. My main .22 at present is a SS RSI. They often need a little trigger work or a replacement, but that's easy and cheap. I haven't bedded one yet, but might tackle the job on my RSI, the forend cap, at least.

They are overbuilt for a .22, but are strong as houses, and have good features, especially the magazine, which doesn't hang out the bottom like most. Mine is acceptably accurate for small game and practice, but if you want bug holes, there are easier and cheaper ways to get there. I sold a much more accurate CZ to buy my RSI and don't regret it, as the Ruger is a joy to carry and looks great. I will tinker with it later to improve the accuracy a bit, and refine the trigger beyond what I accomplished with changing the spring. The Target model my son has is quite accurate. I put a Timney sear in that one which helped the trigger a lot.

My gunsmith told me he was looking for a magnum model for parts. A local butcher had one with 500,000 rounds, and needed sprucing up.

BTW, older models have slip-fit barrels that allow you to switch calibers within the cartridge family (.22LR-.17HM2, .22mag-.17HMR) if that's of interest to you. If you find one you like, better snag it as cartridge choices on new ones are very limited; no .22s. The Americans are taking over that niche, it seems.

What fresh Hell is this?