Originally Posted by liliysdad
While there are some salient points made, the entire thing reeks of the mumblings of a old curmudgeon, stuck in the past.

I read your posts because you are not trying to attract attention, but because you have salient information on a subject or you have posed some damned good questions. Here we vehemently disagree. I've been a law-enforcement firearms trainer since 1991. I have been a CC instructor since 1995, first in Texas and now in Illinois. This guy may express his points in a curmudgeon fashion, but he's right. I peruse You Tube for people showing other people performing absolutely stupid things with a handgun.

The latest is there is a target stand at 10 yds.

A PERSON STANDS DIRECTLY BESIDE EACH SIDE OF THE TARGET STAND AS THE SHOOTER DRAWS AND FIRES A FULL MAGAZINE INTO THE PAPER TARGET, HIS ROUNDS IMPACTING A MERE FOOT FROM THE TWO IDIOTS STANDING BESIDE HIS TARGET. THEY ARE NOT WEARING ANY PROTECTIVE GEAR.

Maybe I'm an old curmudgeon too. What those three idiots did borders on criminal behavior. If he shot and killed one of them he would pray for just a Voluntary Manslaughter charge, and he would never own anything again when they were through with him in civil court.