Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
That really depends on what you consider long range to be. I'm not comfortable shooting far with guns or loads that won't do moa. I like the idea of stretching out shots more than the reality though, usually because of crazy winds/updrafts/downdrafts that can come into play. I don't have a dedicated LR rig, just some guns that shoot accurately and flat enough with the right bullets.

I'm comfortable stretching out an '06 with 185 VLD to beyond 600, because it is utterly predictable when the wind is cooperating. It shoots well below moa: 2/3" at 100, 1.5" at 300, 4 and some change at 600. I've done that enough to be confident in it over and over again, as long as I get serious about it.

So, my standard is well under moa in conditions where wind isn't a factor, say .8 moa. I doubt I'll shoot at anything past about 600 yds though. It has been a good sensible max for me.

Thats pretty much where I am. I am simply not willing to hump around a rifle heavy enough to make sure kills on game past 600 yards in my hands.

My 7lb 308 is doing well under MOA with my 155g Scenar handloads and working to get that down to conisstently close to or at .5 MOA before I call it good.

Last edited by jk16; 08/15/17.