My sight in spot has a 100 yard backstop for sight in, and a couple of rocks at 500 yards and one at 800 yds, all three painted orange, for long range verification. In my mind, if I'm consistent at 800, and keep my hunting shots within 500, I'm good. I have two dedicated big game/long range hunting rifles.....a 300 win shooting 200 gr accubonds and a 338 rum shooting 225 gr accubonds. At 500 yds, both rifles shoot a "skinny" moa, usually keeping 3 shots within 4"....even with a light and variable crosswind. At 800, I still run a "skinny" moa, but only vertically. With that same "light and variable" crosswind, my groups run 6" vertically X 10" horizontally.....and this is with a LIGHT and variable breeze. The 6" is passable, but I don't trust the size of the horizontal group, for big game (where only 1st shot bulls-eyes count). The amount of wind at any given time, at distance, has the final say under big game hunting conditions.....varmints don't get that courtesy! I once read where trajectory is science and wind drift is voodoo. I couldn't agree more!

Andy3