Originally Posted by gnoahhh
...about calling it quits with the Campfire. What started out as a venue for discussing guns, shooting, hunting, fishing has turned into an alt-right platform for a lot of venomous attacks on people for no reason other than that they're different. The Hunter's Campfire forum has devolved into a nest of vipers, bigots, and narrow minded-ness. That doesn't define the folks here on our Savage forum, don't get me wrong- I love you guys! I just can't identify with a web site that is so mean spirited. That isn't me. Any of you who know me will agree that I'm a pretty laid back and open minded kind of guy, willing to listen to opposing viewpoints, sees humor in the foibles of mankind, and willing to admit when I am wrong.

There are those who frequent this web site who feel the need to politicize everything, who hate the majority of U.S. citizens (who don't fit their narrow definition of "correctness"), and who simply hate because, well, that's what haters do.

The internet has revolutionized communication, and all too often has become a substitute for personal analysis. Vile ideas can take root and grow at the speed of light, literally.

Right to free speech you say? Absolutely, but that right doesn't extend to yelling fire in a crowded theater, or using that right to abrogate other's rights. The Supreme Court has ruled thusly.

So, I'm thinking of packing up my bed roll and finding other more sunnier climes before the mast head sports an image of a white-hooded "patriot".

GARY, you're one of the last reasons I'm still here! You're an absolute hoot to read, seem to be a hell of an individual, and I enjoy your posts VERY MUCH. Guys like you make the forum interesting and informative. I also complimented Calhoun the other day for tirelessly welcoming new posters and answering questions so reliably. He's one of the first that welcomed me back in the day and he's still doing it. Mr Reliable. While we all have our little disagreements, not many take it too far, and most are eager to make amends. The one's that can't make amends I say good riddance. Miserable SOB's anyway. You know who you are.

LOL