Originally Posted by wabigoon
Hot dogs, wieners, what ever you call them, what's best?

Wer're lucky in Omaha, as there are a lot of people from central Europe who came to work in the meat packing industry between 1870 and 1940, some of whom established meat markets to service the different ethnic neighborhoods, Czech/German/Polish, and some of those family run meat markets are still making sausages 6 days a week. Since we live in the western 'burbs, our local meat market is Stoysich's at 132nd & Center. They sell over 50 different varieties of wurst, including several different hotdogs and brats. I like the cooked German Brats, the all-beef weiners, and, best of all, the fresh veal bockwurst. Whenever we have guest passing through from out of town and who like German food, we order ahead for a selection of fresh sausages to steam in beer and then finish on the grill.

www.stoysich.com

A different branch of the same family runs a separate meat market with equally good sausages, I just don't get there very often as it is outside my usual haunts, but I try to stop by to buy eastern/central European packaged/canned goods when I have to visit UPS to ship a long gun.

www.frankstoysichmeats.com