I have the Casemaster and like the multiple functions it performs. I haven't used any other gauges though, so I don't have anything to compare against.

One word of caution when measuring case neck thickness with the Casemaster: The case neck pin sleeve on my unit didn't have perfectly square ends. What I mean is when I put the dial indicator on the sleeve and rotated it around (without measuring a piece of brass) it showed a .001 variation in itself. That is an issue when you are sorting case necks to .0015 variation or less. Also when measuring neck thickness, since the case head is not supported, if you are not careful the case will waggle(scientific term) around and cause inaccuracies in your readings. I ended up getting a mandrel and appropriate sized pilot from the Redding case neck gauge. It fits in the probe retainer of the Casemaster. The mandrel supports the case head better and I feel you get more accurate neck thickness readings that way.

Just my experience and 2 cents. I had no issues measuring bullet or neck concentricity with the Casemaster. It works well for me.

Last edited by JayJunem; 08/20/17.