Originally Posted by ringworm
Buying a silence and a rifle to shoot it for the ability to throw 5.56 subsonics when a 22LR is legal and effective is like buying a F350 to carry a lawnmower.
While you may enjoy spending money for show, why no just use what's already available?

I'm guessing that was directed at me, so in short I already have the setup and no i didn't buy it "for show" I bought the suppressor because it's a lot of fun and for my kids to learn to shoot a variety of firearms with less noise. I usually use it on my .22 magnum but since the original post limited use to 22 lr I limited my response as well. To stabilize the larger bullets you need a faster twist and they hit with more authority than 32 or 40 grain bullets. the barrel I got was on sale, came threaded and still works great on all other 22 bullets out there. when shooting prairie dogs it doesn't spook others that are up allowing multiple shots from one location without spooking them. This setup allows the use of ALL 22 LR bullets already available.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.