Originally Posted by battue
No, I obviously don't and the first impression from your response is I have little desire to do so. But perhaps I'm wrong.

However, we seem to have an individual who is willing to admit that age has diminished some of his strength and tolerance for recoil. It usually takes some years for one to be willing to do so. My question to you was directed so that I could get a feeling for how your and his age relates. Which would give me some idea of how your response relates to his particular situation. Nothing more.

You want to be a wise ass, I would suggest you read your sig line and more than once.

Of course, you want to continue and make insinuations based on your experience and no consideration for someone else. Because I endorse a gun that fits the OP and what he is looking for, you want to become overbearing.

You also don't recognize recoil and all the physics of what causes it. Weight of projectile and velocity aren't the only factors. The base of the projectile will directly affect felt recoil, as it is based on the bore diameter as well as projectile.

That aside, I guess you are telling me that I was wrong to say that a 20 gauge with 7/8 oz loads will be harder on the shooter than a 12 gauge with 1 oz loads. That may even be the case, but I will stand by my experience shooting both for over 20 years at sporting clays and will tell you the 20 gauge is no harder on you at the end of the course.

Deny me all you want, but it is just like the Campfire lately for a guy to ask about an O/U shotgun and which will work and you need to continue with your experience and suggest a semi-auto.

And now I am a wise ass, look in the mirror and you won't see perfection.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.