The rifle I bought in 70 was a .300 Win. still have it, still the number one big game rifle if I am after something serious.. I bought a 700 06 this summer, will probably use it when I hunt cow elk.. Plus many others have passed though my hands.. Still have quite a few rifles also.. My first serious game rifle was a custom model 54 .30-06.. If I only hunted with it, I would have quit 20 years ago. I enjoy using different rifles, handguns and shotguns. I guess if you are happy with one gun fine.. Not me.. I have made all the hunts I really want to make, and now with birds, varmints, big game , I have as much hunting as I can enjoy.. Still I make a couple out of state hunts most years.. I never look at my guns as tools, each has a fond memories that I enjoy when I handle them.. My late wife went from a .250, to my 06, to her favorite a custom 7mm RM.. Still have all three.. They are pretty important to me.. As far as making hunting trips, Ihave been grouse hunting the last couple days, and will be chasing game til mid Feb. After that I need a bit of a rest til varmint shooting opens in the spring...

Molon Labe